Window Covering Tips
Here we offer a variety of tips when choosing window coverings for your home or office. On the surface choosing coverings looks easy but in truth, it's so easy to get it wrong. We're reminded of the fellow who installed different blinds for each bedroom in his home. It looked great on the inside, but from the outside was just a mess of mismatched colors and they conflicted with the design.
So, since we have many years experience with just about every type of window treatment imaginable, we decided to share to help others get it right the first time!
Tips for Choosing Window Coverings
Here are some very basic tips for choosing window coverings for your home or office.
- Step 1: Seriously think through exactly what you hope to accomplish. There are many different styles, material types, colors, fabrics and hardware.
- Step 2: Try to visualize what your window treatment will look like on the inside and outside of your home.
- Step 3: Functionality is critical so it’s important to understand how the different window treatments operate! Mini blinds operate differently than vertical louvers or drapes. Wood shutters are usually the easiest to operate.
- Step 4: Do your research before spending a dime. This will save you time, money and aggravation.
- Step 5: After deciding the window treatment type, think through the installation process. Unless you’re a professional installer, installing can be difficult and time consuming. Honestly decide if this is really something you’re willing to commit to? If not, save yourself now by calling in the experts. If you hire the right company, you won’t be sorry!
Professional Window Treatment Services
We have over 20 years experience designing, fabricating and installing all types of window coverings. Should you have any questions feel free to contact us directly at 661-600-2893.
We Hope This Was Helpful
We hope you found helpful the window covering tips and information needed by anyone considering new window treatments for their home. There really is a ton of misinformation floating around the internet. This often leads to ore confusion, making it quite difficult to determine exactly where to find the correct information needed to choose new coverings for any space.
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact Picture Perfect Dzigns directly and we'll be happy to help.
I'm Kathy Morris and I'm the owner and operator of Picture Perfect Dzigns. We are a family-owned company based in Santa Clarita California that has been designing, manufacturing and installing customs window coverings since 1986. We are proud to offer high-quality products including shades, roller shades, wood blinds, draperies, and much more. We handle every step of the process from design, measuring, manufacturing, and installing! We service all of the the Greater Los Angeles area.